Technical Diving Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I first got the rEvo, the card said only good to 30M/100ft. Honestly, that was a good thing. You really need to spend some time after class to dial yourself in on all the things that are different. Lots of recreational dives. Unlearn/relearn.

Later, after I had my s#it together got the next class and really got to use the rebreather for what it is great at. They really shine below 100', but you have to go through that recreational zone to get there and back.

Not to sound rude but your answers are very confusing.

The OP was speaking about Extended Range dives (55m air dives) and you are speaking about the Po2 of them for some reason? Then your referencing GUE attachments, but yet GUE does not support Extended Range dives. Actually GUE is the strictest of all agencies, all GUE dives are to have an END of 30m or less this is an agency standard.

But then your commenting that people supporting the dangers or deep air dives do not know what there talking about. Yet your referencing GUE attachments and Trimix mixes meaning you actually agree that Trimix is a good thing.

For reference below is the GUR standard right out of the book.
View attachment 714431

This thread is full of some fantastic advice and some absolute trash advice. What makes this more interesting is that as possible new tech diver the OP has no idea which is which. Getting your advice from this thread could end up on both sides of the spectrum.

Look for an instructor that is doing the type of diving that you want to be doing and have a conversation with them. I would caution taking any advice from this thread as you won't know what is good or bad...

Yes, learn from the person who is doing the type of dives you want to learn. It's supposed to be fun, so I think the instructor should be someone who does those dives for fun when they are not teaching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom