Techni-Flex by USIA is coming soon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA

Contributor
Reaction score
I've talked about this suit in other threads, but I am so excited by this suit because there is nothing comparable on the market. The suit is made of material that is 30% more flexible than any other Tri-Lam, Bi-lam and even some of the thicker Neoprene suits out there. All of our seams are Heat sealed and not glued as most other manufacturers. Our seams all have a lifetime warranty on seam leaks and seam construction. Each suit is equipped with a Low Profile Si-tech exhaust valve on the left forearm, and a low profile Rotating Inflate Valve on the chest. Each suit comes with Kevlar Knee Pads, Kevlar Elbow Pads, Kevlar Shouder protectors, internal Suspenders, and an adjustable waist that allows you to take in or increase the waist line. The legs on the suits are more streamlined and are outfitted with panels that allow you to attach and remove a variety of different pockets ranging from Cargo Pockets, Zippered Pockets, Argon Pocket, Knife Pockets or a Beer pocket. Well, maybe that is on my suit, but only for after diving.:D I will be posting pictures of the suit on this Forum and would love all of your input. The suit will be available at all of our dealers, but it may take some time to fill them in on all of the aspects. USIA have been selling a different form of this suit to federal agencies for the past 5 years, but we are now able to sell it to the public and we couldn't be happier. We really feel that we have a suit that is completely unique and more advanced than any one else is making. When Designing this suit, I used alot of input that I have received from posters on Scubaboard and I thank all of you who have helped us.

USIA:
I've talked about this suit in other threads...

I will be posting pictures of the suit on this Forum and would love all of your input.

Well, lets see it! Had you had one to us last week, we could have showed it at the NSS-CDS Cave convention... :(

Will the techni flex have other options available like diagonal front entry, pee valve, relief zippers, and neoprene neck warmers?

Gillty:
Will the techni flex have other options available like diagonal front entry, pee valve, relief zippers, and neoprene neck warmers?
The Techni-flex comes standard in Diagonal Front Entry, Kevlar Knees, elbows and shoulder and a Neoprene Neck warmer. Pee Valves and Relief Zippers are additional.

PerroneFord:
Well, lets see it! Had you had one to us last week, we could have showed it at the NSS-CDS Cave convention... :(

I belive that mine is the first one coming off the line. I should have it next week so Jerry told me. I'm taking it on the Doria.

Cheers

BAH! Who'd want to take a historic suit like this on some rudypoo dive like THAT! Put it in a cave... that's where the REAL test is!

Just kidding Joel. Be careful out there man. I've never actually seen diver pics from the Doria. Are you shooting any?

I got a chance to see the Techni-flex this weekend at the Seattle Divers Fair. If Jerry gets a chance he may change some of the above description since I believe the knees, elbows and shoulder are more puncture resistant than kevlar but I don't know what to call the pad material.

The pocket attachment panels are an inovation I think they should give it's own name to and copyright for use in SCUBA, they are like a standard MOLLE attachment panel used for tactical gear. The zippered pocket they're using is a good solid pocket but I would order the attachment panel even if it came without a pocket. I just like the idea of being able to switch out to the beer pocket on the last dive of the day. :wink:
Also the suits I saw only had the right pocket system so I'm not sure if that is standard or both legs as described above.

I've been diving neoprene and used the crackily baggy not as streamlined excuse, guess i have no excuse now. It looks like I'll be ordering one in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom