Tech to BP&W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCRescueDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had the Zeagle Tech for about a year now, (a thing of beauty it is) I love it for recreational diving, but I've found it a little too busy for Public Safety diving so I started looking at Zeagle BP&W systems..

Am I understanding correctly that I can buy the Back plate and strap and my current Blatter will attach onto it to make a complete system?

Also from my understanding the Backplate can be mounted onto the Tech for added stability with doubles? (I plan on venturing into Technical training in the next 6 months)

I have a guy who can get me a new halcyon for 300$, but I'm pretty partial to Zeagle, and the versatility would be a major selling point to me.

My bad, I just found the answer :wacko: I should have looked better before I asked. . Carry on.

For those who don't know the answer...it is YES to both questions.

You can use your exsisting Zeagle bladder with our backplate system....and you can add a backplate to the Tech BC, if you so desire.

Thanks,

Scott

Would you mind explaining how it's done? In the video here (Dailymotion - Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator (BC) Video Review - a College video) I see that the bladder is connected through bands on the backplate (which wouldn't exist on a steel/aluminium BP). I'd guess that they'd go inbetween the BP and the STA but the connecting straps don't have any holes in them which might get in the way of connecting the STA. I appreciate any insight you could provide - thank you.

I used to dive the Zeagle Harness. It's a bit chunky, and can take quite a long time to set to get it comfortable. I am starting to miss it though. I've been diving an APEKS one-piece harness for about 8 months now. It's nice and everything, but sometimes, when you get back on the boat, you just want a quick release so you can get out of the damn thing and stretch.

Big fan of the Zeagle equipment. I still dive a Big Bertha Wing and use their equipment pockets as I normally dive wetsuit, rather than drysuit.

On a side note; as this is the Zeagle sub-forum, which came first the Ranger or the Transpac?

Would you mind explaining how it's done? In the video here (Dailymotion - Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator (BC) Video Review - a College video) I see that the bladder is connected through bands on the backplate (which wouldn't exist on a steel/aluminium BP). I'd guess that they'd go inbetween the BP and the STA but the connecting straps don't have any holes in them which might get in the way of connecting the STA. I appreciate any insight you could provide - thank you.

You may be confusing an EXPRESS Tech BC with our standard TECH BC, which was what the initial question was about. They are completely different.

Basically, the original question was asking if you can remove the bladder from a Tech BC (or a Ranger BC, for that matter) and attach it to one of the Zeagle backplates - and that answer is yes....

Our backplates have holes drilled into them where the bladder attaches via stainless steel screws and nyloc nuts.

Scott

I recently purchased the Zeagle deluxe harness and backplate setup and was wondering what else I would need to complete the bp/w. Also, what bladder do you recommend on this setup? I will be doing single tank dives. Is there a kit I need to purchase for attaching the tank to the bp/w? This is my first bp/w setup so all help is appreciated. Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom