Tech Diving Limited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've seen several posts around SB about people considering buying tanks from Tech Diving Limited (but just in the last few weeks).

Has anyone actually perchased them, paid for them, reiceived them, and been happy with the quality of the product and the transaction?

Its a lot of money to send to a dot com that you know nothing about.

They're ok to deal with. Joes Silverstein, the owner, has been around for a long time. I'm not sure what you mean by "quality of the product" since they pretty much brand-name items and not relabeled house brands. I know exactly what I'm buying before I order it so as to avoid any surprises when I receive it. If you are not sure what you're buying or why, then you ought to stick to buying locally in a B&M dive shop.

Joel is a straight-up guy, plain and simple. He runs a real LDS in AZ, he just happens to also sell online. If you do a google search, you'll also find he's been doing tech diving for a long, long time. I'd buy one of those LP tanks from him in a heartbeat if I didn't have more immediate uses for my scubadollars, in fact I might anyway. :)

mgersch@cox.net:
I've seen several posts around SB about people considering buying tanks from Tech Diving Limited (but just in the last few weeks).

Has anyone actually perchased them, paid for them, reiceived them, and been happy with the quality of the product and the transaction?

Its a lot of money to send to a dot com that you know nothing about.
I bought 2 LP steel tanks from TDL about a year ago, I was happy with the product, happy with the service and I have purchased a few things from Joel since. No worries.
Dove those tanks today in fact. :wink:

Seeing Joel's posts on the internet, his interaction with customers, and the many many compliments he receives, when considered with my own dealings, means I would never hesitate to buy anything at all from him.

Have bought tanks (deco white) and aluminum spools (safety yellow!) from TDL. Excellent service received.

theskull

I purchased two Faber LP 95's from Joel at Tech Diving Limited. I had them shipped to my home in Virginia. They arrived when expected and exactly as represented. I was completely satisfied.

I am currently in Southern California and on my trip (by car) from Virginia to California I made the slight detour from Interstate 40 down to his shop in Lake Havasu City to say hello. It is a nice clean shop that has an in person retail store and also an internet presence. The retail shop is more tailored to the recreational diver and the internet shop is more for tech gear, but the people behind the shop(s) are the same.

I would have absolutely no reservations about buying any gear from him at any time, spend some time deciding and then call or use the internet to purchase.

Mark Vlahos

Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. I guess I'll buy from him
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom