Tech Diving Limited Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you who own salvo regs, do you service your own regs or do you mail the regs to be serviced? Also, are Salvo regs ok for DIRing? I've checked for the Apeks DIN DS4 TX50, my LDS wants $540, U.S. web $450, and from Spain $350. So the Salvo regs appear to be an excellent choice!

Thanks,
Vince

Is there a preference for SR1 vs SR2? I like the fact that the SR2 is sealed since I will be doing cold water diving, but isn't the swivel turret a DIR no-no?

Thanks,
Chris

cmalinowski:
Is there a preference for SR1 vs SR2? I like the fact that the SR2 is sealed since I will be doing cold water diving, but isn't the swivel turret a DIR no-no?

Thanks,
Chris

We'll be putting Salvo service kits up soon, but considering very few people have had the regs a year yet, servicing isn't really an issue. SR2's are completely out of stock at our store as well as direct from Salvo. We are waiting for a delivery date.

SR1's are in stock and they are great for doubles (or singles), ports provide good hose routing and the 1st is small profile. Performace wise, no unhappy divers todate.

If you are diving cold water, you might want to wait for SR2. The swivel turret is the exact same design as on the DiveRite "DIR acceptable" regs. Be careful you don't fall into the DIR paranoia trap eyebrow Make good purchases, and ask the right questions and you'll be a happy diver.

I just spoke with Barry, at Salvo, and he indicated that he will be getting the environmental kits, for the SR1's, by mid February. So, if you are really worried about the swivel turret design, you can now have your cake and eat it too.

I dive in cold water and bought the SR1's knowing that I could purchase the env kit when he got them in stock.

Phil

millphils:
I just spoke with Barry, at Salvo, and he indicated that he will be getting the environmental kits, for the SR1's, by mid February. So, if you are really worried about the swivel turret design, you can now have your cake and eat it too.

I dive in cold water and bought the SR1's knowing that I could purchase the env kit when he got them in stock.

Phil
Cool beans. Thanks. I'm not too worried about the swivel turret. Have they really had any measurable rate of failure compared to non-swivel models?

Chris

They sure have a measurable "perceived" rate of failure though.

So, can the same rebuild kits be used for the salvo regs as the DR regs? Will the online manual be pretty much exact? Just curious what the "couple of parts" that get changed would be...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom