Tech diving is a good workout, at least getting ready is

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK.

Is there someplace on the www that I can learn about O2 compatability?

Also since Campana used Simple Green to clean his tanks could he have used that instead of a soap solution to check for leaks?

jbd,

If your interested in gas mixing and the related equipment preperation my first choice would be a gas blender/Life support service tech course. Some agencies seperate the two and some combine them. There are some good books and web sources. One good book is "The Oxygen Hackers Comanion" by Vance Harlow from Airspeed Press. Also the texts used by the variouse agencies are available. There are some good web sources but it can be tough to gauge the reliability of the source.

Mike

That Simple Green has been tested ad nauseum in the O2 cleaning of tanks. Just my opinion, mind you, but I know of no shop that does O2 cleaning in Orlando that will use anything else. At first I thought you were talking about testing the interfaces with a soapy solution, which made no sense to me at all. However, that being clarified, you can rest easy that Simple Green pass the muster here.

The do-it-yourselfers I know all use Simple Green for O2 cleaning. In fact, it's even mentioned in the Oxygen Hackers book, as I recall. The dive shop up here uses some special stuff from the DOT, I guess.

Mike

If they are like the one I used to hang out at, they are just BS ing.

I walked into the maintenance area while the owner was doing some O2 cleaning, which he charged $100.00 for, and saw that he was just using SIMPLE GREEN .

He was a little Po'd that I caught him, later his wife told me they just told everyone they used the "exspensive DOT approved" stuff so they could more easily screw people. Her words not mine.

I have cleaned a lot of tanks myself and Simple Green is some good stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom