tech dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was somebody running line on that penetration, and we just don't see it in the video? Looks scary silty in there.

Was somebody running line on that penetration, and we just don't see it in the video? Looks scary silty in there.
This is one of our favorite wrecks in the area and I have probably 20+ dives on her. So the first area of penetration in the video is the engine room which is accessed via the skylights you see me entering. We don't run a line into the engine room. Although it can be quite silty if you get into the bottom section, to exit you simply have to head up, (which will take you out of any silt you kick up since it's about 30feet deep in there) and to the skylights. Personal choice I guess. We feel comfortable in knowing the section of wreck and penetrating without a line. The second time when you see me running a line was to go in and down a set of staircases where I had not been before, so I ran a line. It turned out not to go to far. But was fun anyway:D

looks like they did run a reel (the buddy is seen dealing with it towards the end of the vid) Did y'all stage more bailout somewhere on the wreck?
No. Sometimes if we know we are going to be in the deep section of the wreck the whole time we will bring 2 80's each. The deck is 150. Tony and I run a sort of modified team bailout. We each had 21/35 for bottom mix, I had 50% and he had 100%. If TSHTF we could each get out alone with the no conservatism, but also know that with the 2 deco gases in a team bailout situation we would have plenty to do a +3 conservatism. It works for us. And there is another 40 of 100% on the boat, worse case scenario.

Thanks for answering! Looks like a fun dive.

Kim - Not any time soon but one of these days, I'd like to dive the Hydro Atlantis so for now I enjoy diving variously though the video.

Thanks for posting the video. :hugs:

Kim - Not any time soon but one of these days, I'd like to dive the Hydro Atlantis so for now I enjoy diving variously though the video.

Thanks for posting the video. :hugs:

Sam :hugs:
When you are ready Sam I would be happy to take you on a tour of the Hydro. She is an awesome wreck. There is so much to see just on the deck alone. She sank on accident thus she was not "cleaned up" it amazes me every time i see the rope still coiled on the deck. Very Kewl!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom