tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geordie-dive-pro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all im thinking of getting a set of tec eq.as im newly certified tech deep. had great fun btw.does anyone have any personal fav's i.e OMS or HALCYON ive read and heard both good and not so good reports on both.?any help?

I think the service after the sale is important because most "tech" equipment is fairly similar. I can't speak for OMS,but I don't hear glowing reports. Halcyon is good,I just got tired of using it all the time. DiveRite is excellent with great turn around time.

Congratulation your DSAT deep certification!!!!
I used Halcyon Explorer 40lb wing, I love it......

Dive Rite makes good techie gear for he price. OMS has a nice product line also. You will probably find you will get a mix of gear based on need and pers. pick.

been shopping 4 some goodies today hmmmmm like a kid in a candy store(window shopping only at the mo.dont want to rush anyything but slowly swinging to the oms side as my instructors all use it and rave about it. thanks for the thoughts though.:D

oms is all i know its been the only equipment ive used since i started my tech. so my input will only be oms. as i have never ever had a problem i would rank oms as 4 out of 5.

Lots of people out there make lots of nice gear. And as far as I can tell, all of them make some gear I would probably not recommend to a friend. No biggie.

A lot of what people end up with tends to be regional. Dive Rite is popular in cave country because they are located in the middle of cave country. OMS is popular in the north east because they are located in NY and make products that the divers naar that region seem to want.

DSS has done a nice job expanding out of Cali and providing his products everywhere. Oxycheq's reach is growing very quickly and I see it all over the place.

But in truth, you really aren't talking about that much getting started.

BP/W
Tanks
Light
Backup light
Reel(s)
Exposure suit
Regs
Computer maybe

geordie-dive-pro:
hi all im thinking of getting a set of tec eq.as im newly certified tech deep. had great fun btw.does anyone have any personal fav's i.e OMS or HALCYON ive read and heard both good and not so good reports on both.?any help?

As others have said, you;ll likely end up a hodge podge of gear to fit your needs. Most of the major tech companies supply DIR 'compatable' as well as non-DIR gear so look for the features and funtcionality you care about. For me, most of my gear Halcyon or Dive Rite. (but if I replaced it, I'd go with other brands on some items)

Now, what specific equipment where you looking at? Regs? Wings? BP's? Lights?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom