Tec Sidemount - Confined Water Training Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Just uploaded a video I shot of a recent Tec Sidemount course. Filmed by GoPro HD Hero2 in Subic Bay, the confined water training lasts a day of solid pool time.
4x AL cylinders used for the experience (2x primary/2x deco). I'm in my 'Frankenstein', student is in a Hollis SMS50. The Hollis coped well with 4 cylinders, but the lack of waist D-rings fouled up his deco stage stowage (this was rectified the next day, with 2 additional waist D-rings added).

Enjoy!

[vimeo]61335190[/vimeo]

Full size video here: Tec Sidemount Course | Confined Skills Video and Tec Sidemount course details here

and another video from the first open water dive on the course...

[vimeo]61366871[/vimeo]

Great as always Andy, I've been using the 2 shallow D rings on the waist with goods results for quite awhile now.

Yep... ading 2x extra D-rings to the waist is now a pre-requisite for anyone bringing an SMS50 to my courses. I also recommend a change-out of the stock bungees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom