Tec 45 Courses In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now now AJ-- agency bashing is out of character for you....:no:

Yes, but you'd have to abandon PADI (probably a good idea anyways).

"good school" and "tec 45" don't really go together in the same sentence very well, imo.

check in with Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com). probably the best trained dive staff in the state. extensive training capability and multiple agencies

check in with Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com). probably the best trained dive staff in the state. extensive training capability and multiple agencies

Thanks sheeper. I intend to cave dive in the future, and your post will be very useful in that respect.

Anupam,

I have been researching cave diving for about six years now, and Jim Wyatt is my first instructor of choice. I'm just trying to get the logistics sorted out and timelines to lineup...not easy a half-a-world away.

I recommend you take your Tec45 course and then talk to Jim about a whole new animal-cave diving.

Oldbear

There is an advantage to getting Tec 45 (at least) before starting cave diving, especially if you are going to do both in Florida. First, getting through Tec 45 will get you working on buoyancy, trim, and appropriate gear selections before starting the cave training. Cave training will be much, much, much better if your cave instructor can focus on cave diving skills in the class instead of working so much on those more basic skills. The second reason is that when you get farther along in your cave training in Florida, you will want to do decompression, and having experience and certification for that will also be helpful.

I strongly second @Capt Jim Wyatt. He was one of my primary Cave Instructors. Rainbow Reef is ramping up their Tech programs now that Jim is onboard.

I did my Tech 40,45,&50 with Dan Dawson at Horizon Divers (before Jim moved down to the Keys).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom