Tec 45 Courses In Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anupam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to do a Tec 45 cert in Florida in September. I have tried to write to 3 schools on the Treasure Coast, Orlando, and Miami, and did not receive a single reply!

Does anyone know of a good school that teaches tec diving in Florida? I'm really looking forward to continuing my Tec certification path with PADI.

Does anyone know of a good school that teaches tec diving in Florida? I'm really looking forward to continuing my Tec certification path with PADI.
Yes, but you'd have to abandon PADI (probably a good idea anyways).

Yes, but you'd have to abandon PADI (probably a good idea anyways).

Seriously?! Not a single school in Florida does a Tec 45 course? Unbeliveable!

Does anyone else know of a school?

"good school" and "tec 45" don't really go together in the same sentence very well, imo.

"good school" and "tec 45" don't really go together in the same sentence very well, imo.

OK, but I did dive with an excellent instructor in India for my Tec 40. I learned a lot, and was really hoping to continue my education.

Unless I can find a school that will be difficult unless I travel elsewhere (or overseas). I find it difficult to believe that no one in Florida even bothers teaching PADi Tec Diving courses.

Anyway, let us all know if you're interested in teaching or know of a school/instructor.

It's very much the instructor on the Padi side. There was Padi Tek store's promo film that someone linked to here a year ago or so. There were about 2 of the dozen divers shown who were in trim. The rest were vertical and finning like mad to keep off the wreck. This wasn't a film taken by someone trying to criticize them, this was their "look at how cool we are" film they produced to sell people on their Tek program. So there are clearly Padi Tek shops teaching tech diving that have no clue what they don't know or what a skilled diver is supposed to look like in the water. So good luck and be careful.

Try contacting PADI they should have a list of instructors in Florida

i

Out of curiosity why are you wanting to stay with PADI for tech diving? A particular agency has nothing to do with weather or not you have a good instructor especially in the tech world. It is much better to look at the end goal in mind. Most good tech divers have certs from multiple agencies based on what their needs were. What is it you are wanting to do diving wise? That is really the most important question. Tech diving is great and its great that you are going down that path, but its very important to start with a wide lens to find the best route to meet your diving goals. If you let us know what those goals are there are a lot of folk on the sb that can help you get there.

Contact Jim Wyatt...he is also a great Cave Instructor. I believe he is working our Rainbow Reef in the Keys. His cave diving company is Cave Diving Training & Guide Service - High Springs, Florida

Also you can contact Tom Witmer tom@beyond-the-reef.com

Both Jim and Tom are very well respected PADI Course Directors who know their diving and are out of the Key Largo area..

Instruction, and in my opinion especially Tech Instruction, is more about the instructor, not the Training Agency. I am a PADI Instructor, and I really enjoy teaching PADI courses. But for one reason or another the best available instructors at my locations and time were GUE and NAUI. Go with respected Instructors...

I can run it for you in Key Largo -- We will do it through Rainbow Reef.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom