Teaching Kids about the Ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveflick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recall seeing an ad last fall in one of the dive magazines i get for an organization that will supply you with DVD and CD material to go into grade schools and teach about the ocean. i have looked thru some of my old magazines but cannot find it. as I recall the lessons allowed you to use your equipmwent and some of your own photos etc.. of diving to make the lessons fun for the kids.

Does anyone recall such an organization? I think there was a price for the materials, but it was essentially a donation to the organization. i would like to look at this again and possibly take it to my child's school if i can find itn again and learn more about it.:confused:

I'm not sure what they give you for your money, but why don't you just email some teachers to see if they'd be interested in hearing you speak and prepare a lesson from there?

I can see the OP's desire to have some prepared info to do this, the time it takes to put together a good presentation to do only once would be overwhelming, especially if someone has prepared stuff and is offering it up. Please post if you figure out the source.

Back
Top Bottom