Teaching Dive Tables (including Nitrox)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was last teaching SSI still included the tables in the OW material, we also had formal class academics that consisted of a few hours a night during the week or all day on a Sat.

Fast forward a dozen years and I was in the LDS that is PADI and was talking to the counter lady and we got on the subject of training, I learned that class academics and dive tables are a thing of the past. All eLearning and dive computers.

From what I understand (talking to her) you just do the eLearning and show up at the LDS and the Instructor will go over how to use a computer than it's off to the pool for skill work.

Also appears the LDS doesn't sell course work in-house; the perspective student goes out to the agency website and purchases the course and is then affiliated with a LDS based on the students address.

Times have changed for sure.

Back
Top Bottom