TDI Course Books (List enclosed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Interested in purchasing various TDI student books. My understanding is that some are better than others (some are fairly thing on information.)

Interested in:

Inspiration / Evolution CCR
A guide to Advanced Nitrox
Advanced Gas Blending
Advanced Nitrox
Advanced Trimix
Advanced Wreck
Decompression Procedures
Diving in Overhead Environments
Equipment Service Technician
Extended Range & Trimix
Intro to Tech
KISS Closed Circuit Rebreather
Nitrox Gas Blending
Semi-Closed Circuit Rebreathers
Understanding Nitrox

Thanks

You can buy most of these on Divegearexpress.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/tdi-manuals

I understand your enthusiasm, but those manuals are way more information than you could possibly digest and will be extremely dry.

What you should be focused on is doing more dives, taking some more courses, and gaining real world experience. Reading books doesn't make a good diver and the knowledge wouldn't be much help for you at this stage.

If you are interested in some books to gain more real world knowledge I would recommend you start with Deco for Divers, Diver Down, and DIR: The fundamentals of technical diving by Joblonski (you can find the PDF online). I have also heard good things about the 6 essential skils, but I have never read it.

The books above will give you a much stronger foundation and cover most of the topics that your list of 12+ books does.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom