TDI changing deco procedures course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some models penalize you for using helium (due to density), others credit you (due to insolubility).

It would seem to me that while trimix is more suitable for a bottom mix a diver should get off it as soon as possible during the decompression. I suppose that method would give you the best of both worlds but would entail an additional gas switch.

It would seem to me that while trimix is more suitable for a bottom mix a diver should get off it as soon as possible during the decompression. I suppose that method would give you the best of both worlds but would entail an additional gas switch.

But that gives you a huge spike in your pN2 with the possibility of ICD (Isobaric Counter Diffusion) issues
Only a possible concern with deep dives and high helium mixes,but many experienced divers will have some helium in deep deco mixes.

Its all voodoo basically :D

Its all voodoo basically :D

Is that why they call it theory?

:D

Now what about using Hydrogen in diving?

does any training agency offer courses in that field?

and wouldn't mixing Hydrogen, and Oxygen make water, if you mixed the 2 for a breathing gas????

i.e. H + O2, cross the "2"= H2O= water

Not only would you get water, good because dehydration is bad for decompressing, but heat too!

Now what about using Hydrogen in diving?

does any training agency offer courses in that field?

and wouldn't mixing Hydrogen, and Oxygen make water, if you mixed the 2 for a breathing gas????

i.e. H + O2, cross the "2"= H2O= water

So are you asking if any training agency offers a course in breathing water or just proofing your chemistry?

Have you spoke with
Aquaman_Sword_of_Atlantis_40_1024x768.jpg
?

just saying, i had heard somewhere that it is possible to dive with hydrogen, despite the explosive reaction when O2, and Hydrogen combine

Hydrogen has been used for diving. Mixtures of oxygen and hydrogen are not explosive if the O2% is less than something like 4% . That means it can only be breathed deep. Would stop being hypoxic at around 130 feet but for a normal pO2 of say 1.2 (to minimize deco obligations) you would need a depth of around 900 feet.

Blending the tanks would probably be exciting though.

Just my .02 cents... often students get hung up on the depth ##'s too much on what their card says and never really focus on the 'entire picture' of narcosis. for a bit of slap stick... the TDI
Deco card should say...

"if you drank last night, Sea Sick now..puked out your breakfast, out of shape, and diving in a cold dark current, you must tear this card up and never attempt a 150 FSW dive. You pretty much don't understand what tech diving is about."

Trimix card should say...

'ok 200 FSW and a S8hit load of stages with a gas in your mix that is used by clowns at birthday parties... You really should spend every day eating right, getting plenty of rest & have good cardio... if not tear this card up"

The advanced Trimix card should say...

'Ok we get it.. you are either a card collector or diving some really virgin wrecks... whatever the reason you have this card... (Picture of John waye on the card) a man's gotta know his limitations...enjoy this card now because when you get older... carrying double steel 120s and 4 stages does a real job on your back... but F&ck, it's better to burn out than it is to fade away"

Dive safe all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom