TC (Transp. Canada) Stamp and PST E-Series Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MudDog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just checked with Pressed Steel regarding the TC stamp(Transport Canada) (equiavlent to US' DOT stamp).

There has been some discussion on JeffMandell's earlier post as to whether this stamp, "TC", was on the new E-series tanks. I was told the entire E7 series has this stamp, however the E8 does not. In fact, they have said that that is why they have such a large backorder to their Canadian customers wanting E8s...they are waiting on the new approval.

The Canadian gov't apparently wants PST to run some more tests. They hope to have the new approval and thus the ability to stamp by mid to late July.

I asked whether this approval at that time (July) would prove retroactive for the current E8s being shipped...the answer is no. This means, if a tanks is made on the 15th and the approval comes in on the 16th, the July 15th tank ships without the stamp whereas the July 16th tank gets the stamp. No tank made prior to July 15th, even though it is the exact same tank, will be TC approved...so I was told. "That is just the way government works."

This may not be relevant to everyone, but thought it was interesting to (apart from the Canadians) those of us that dive "both sides".

MudDog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom