Tayabas Bay DYnamite Fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric_p

Contributor
Reaction score
Paranaque City, Philippines/orig. from Candelaria,
We've been exploring Tayabas Bay during the past weeks for rock formations and other interesting underwater stuff.... During every dive, except for one time that we were at 4 meters collecting Kapis samples, we were disturbed by explosions i.e. 1-2 blasts per dive.

They were strong enough to make your body vibrate.

Our surface team reported that the nearest boat was at least 2-3 kms away.....
The boatman alleged that the blasters were from Lucena and the blasting is almost regular. :(

I'm in the process of finding out how the Bantay Dagats are in the area.... and how the LGU's there deal with the problem....

Can they tell if the fish was dynamited? ...maybe they don't care anymore?

Well, work never ends he he he.....

Anyway, visibility was not great when we found the rock formations but they're beautiful..... corals were devastated and silted but the rocks themselves were a pretty site at 20 meters....

we're marking the sites (GPS) for future visits.

Again, you have to let the local DAR, DENR know and pass word to the PCSSD since this is a "diver safety issue". Getting your brain rocked at 25 m from an underwater explosion has the potential to do really bad things to a diver!!!!!!!

Babydamulag:
Again, you have to let the local DAR, DENR know and pass word to the PCSSD since this is a "diver safety issue". Getting your brain rocked at 25 m from an underwater explosion has the potential to do really bad things to a diver!!!!!!!

Agreed! Although the feeling was not very different from having on your ears an ipod at full blast he he. I'm writing a formal report to the Phil Coast Guard and other agencies......

By the way, is PCSSD active already? contact?

I visited their booth during the Dive Expo at Galleria .....I was greeted by nice ladies but nothing much to see as far as their "business" is concerned ...

maybe because I came late ? .. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom