Taxi between Cuba and Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hard to believe, but true.

The mark of an ingenious, desperate, yet very funky people.

The 1st guy that did it in a chevy is now a well paid engineer.

You know, if the Coast Guard would stop sinking these classics turned into boats, we'd have a really neat bit of history on display somewhere.

Oh.. it sux they made it almost all the way to Key West to.. 25 miles... What would happen if they made it.. drive up a boat ramp and up US1?

And.... was the meter running?

Feet dry, they are happy US citizens....feet wet, they are still Castro's pawns.

Turn them around and send them back. No vacancy.

MtnDiver:
Apparently they will get to stay afterall.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159060,00.html

Well, hmmm. :yelclap:

Perhaps not a popular opinion---and I apologize in advance for offending any sensitive to the issue---but I applaud their courage and lament a way of life that requires such heroic effort. It is difficult not to admire such sheer determination, even if one does not welcome their presence...is it not?

I would take a couple of 144 gal drums, weld them together and install a V4 in the rear. Setup the boyency so that it floats just below the surface. I may even put in a see-trough window so that I can checkout the fish. Hook up a high-speed floating snorkel and hit it to the US coast.

waterdaughter:
Well, hmmm. :yelclap:

Perhaps not a popular opinion---and I apologize in advance for offending any sensitive to the issue---but I applaud their courage and lament a way of life that requires such heroic effort. It is difficult not to admire such sheer determination, even if one does not welcome their presence...is it not?

Yes, let them all in! Our porous borders do wonders for terrorism. We should welcome them with fruitbaskets and hugs. After we all eat s'mores together, we can sing Cumbaya and talk about how they are long lost relatives. Blah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom