Tattoos and popcorn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Instead of posting two different threads, I will post them both. I dare not introduce this topic in any forum other than this one soley for protection from getting my butt chewed:) Ok...I got a tattoo this past Friday. It was my first and probably only tattoo. I wanted something I could relate to diving...in a way...at least to the underwater world...I wanted something I thought would be somewhat unique...So I ended up...after months of consideration...getting a blue-ringed octopus. Nope...It isn't to scale. I did want it to be seen. Too many unlucky souls who never saw a scale model until it was too late. The tattoo artist did a great job. So now I'm wondering who of my fellow SCUBA Board subscribers has tattoos themselves and what they are. When I initially went in to see the artist, I gave her a pic and she said she could do it. I was very excited to know I would have my unique tattoo in about a week. When I went a week later to get the tattoo, the artist said there had been two people that had come in since I was first there asking about...yep...a blue ringed octopus tattoo:) So much for unique. But I am interested in what kind of tattoos some of you may have or may be thinking about getting.....
The last topic is a question I want to ask...How the heck do you get the popcorn to show up on a post?....

rawls:
The last topic is a question I want to ask...How the heck do you get the popcorn to show up on a post?....
:lurk:
When you post, go to MORE smiles (on the right) and scroll down a bit.

I got two tats and I have had both for quite some time now. One is my Navy lifer tat and something of a family tradition on my left arm. I got and old sailing ship with US Navy bannered underneath. Navy is my life so it makes sense at least to me. The other is a head of a wolf and wolfman bannered below it. Yes I howl at full moons and I am not exactly lacking in body hair. So there you have it. Ocassionally I have the itch for more, but my other better half would disown me if I got any more.

Thanks Rick and Okamiotoko, but you guys are staying up way too late:)

My avatar is my tattoo. It's Mickey Mouse in scuba gear. I have loved the mouse since I was tiny little girl. I commissioned an artist to do the artwork and this is what I decided on.

I have a Mickey Mouse (head) on my right leg and a turtle with a purple hibiscus flower in the middle of it on my right shoulder. Yes, I will probably get another one. First one was in 1991 and the second one was in 2004.

scubamickey:
My avatar is my tattoo. It's Mickey Mouse in scuba gear. I have loved the mouse since I was tiny little girl. I commissioned an artist to do the artwork and this is what I decided on.
SCUBAMickey...Just read, a couple of posts after yours, that choppersrule has a Mickey Mouse tattoo. Guess Mickey is in the lead right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom