Tapping a cheater bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone here ever try and add a HP port to a cheater bar? I'd like to drill and tap the bottom of the yoke mounting lug... Looks like there is enough metal to work with... A little feedback is welcome....

Jim...

PS... I have a full machine shop as my play place:wink:

I think mine has a plug or bolt in it..

I have tried this by just using a toks and then screwed it...

I'll bite. To me, a cheater bar is a piece of pipe you put on the end of the breaker bar to allow you to break your sockets. How are you using the term?

I'll bite. To me, a cheater bar is a piece of pipe you put on the end of the breaker bar to allow you to break your sockets. How are you using the term?

Yes... I have used a 6 foot pipe on a 1'' breaker bar....:wink: But this " cheater bar " is a way of hooking up two single tanks with K or J valves into doubles.. Old - old school stuff... You see them on e-bay sometimes....

Z

Jim...

It may be possible but using Dacor valves with HP outlet is the simple solution.

Or you may be able to install a banjo between one of the yokes and the tank....or between the reg and outlet for that matter. I would try that first, no possibility of distroying the cheater bar that way. The CB I have has a port in the top of the outlet....never pulled the plug but it appears to be a standard 3/8x24 port plug. Add a 90 deg to that and that would work as well.

The CB I have has a port in the top of the outlet....never pulled the plug but it appears to be a standard 3/8x24 port plug. Add a 90 deg to that and that would work as well.

That is what I would like to do, just on the bottom so it doesn't get in the way of mounting the first stage or the double hose reg... I think it's a good "CHEAP" fix for adding a SPG on the doubles... And this is the DIY forum..:wink:

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom