Tanks for Paintball

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
Yea, we sell adapters, whips, tanks, all that stuff now. I wrote up a little page on the filling from scuba tanks over here: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball/Air_Systems/whichtank.asp
"Hopefully this helps... If it just confused you, give us a call toll free and we'll help you get the tank and system that will work best for you!"

And people wonder why we think Larry's customer service is so awesome.

I played paintball for 5 years, and never had someone give an explanation like that! I used compressed air, and left the sport because I couldn't find a place to get fills. If I had known how easy it was to do myself, I probably would have stayed in a little longer.

-Brandon.

scubatoys:
Yea, we sell adapters, whips, tanks, all that stuff now. I wrote up a little page on the filling from scuba tanks over here: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball/Air_Systems/whichtank.asp

I was laughing when reading this!! It's just so typical ScubaToys customer service complete with a "PaintBall Shot Calculator"!!

Nice job guys.. I somethings think you could take your business model, and sell Dog poop as perfume :D

Our LDS fills all the kids tanks and I have never seen them sign any waiver. The kids come in, say "Hey Mr. can you fill my paintball tank?" and they do. The kids pay their 7 dollars and leave.

I suppose sure they could be secret scuba junkies, but considering a paint ball gun is a heck of a lot cheaper than scuba gear, I'm going with trusting that the kids are not lying. :) Besides, with paintball they get to shoot each other.

I have actually never seen a dive shop query regarding tank fills as to the qualifications of the person buying the air. I haven't seen them shake down a non-certified spouse when they drop off the tanks for a refill either.

Is it because only lunatics dive the brisk waters of the PNW?

RonFrank:
I was laughing when reading this!! It's just so typical ScubaToys customer service complete with a "PaintBall Shot Calculator"!!

Nice job guys.. I somethings think you could take your business model, and sell Dog poop as perfume :D

Not a bad idea!

My LDS fills paintball tanks "no questions asked" without requiring certification. They only require that the tank have current inspections (both vis and hydro) and that it be marked clearly "paintball use only". I personally think this is an absurd practice and I have lost a lot of respect for them since they have adopted the policy. My LDS has now become a paintball equipment dealer as well. I personally can't stand the fact that my scuba selection has become smaller and/or more disorganized to make room for paintball markers and their accessories. I understand that business is business but these guys need to decide wether or not they want to be a SCUBA shop or a paintball shop. Someone with no training on how to handle and care for high pressure cylinders should not be allowed to use them. I watched them fill two tanks for kids (under 17 years old) who then just tossed the tanks into their trunk with no regard for strapping them down or blocking them up to prevent rolling etc. This type of carelessness should not be accepted.

I just got back from the Pearland scuba shop(http://www.divezonescuba.com/) they answered a lot of my questions but they don't want to sell to or refill tanks to anyone without a current scuba license. I was willing to buy a brand new tank and refill it a couple of times a month with them.

So paintball players in Pearland Texas don't waste you time at this shop

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom