Tank Weights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
My friends and i went for a quick evening dive , When we arrived at the boat dock we realized that Chris had forgotten his weights, lucky for him Jim and i had some extra.......unfortunate it was not enough so we had to improvise..........Check this out

There's a CF... Reminds me of a time when I totally goofed my weight calculation and realized I was WAY too light to maintain my stops. Unfortunately, this was after I had already shot a bag and there was nothing solid (i.e. anchor line) to grab to make a safe ascent. Fortunately for me, it was a rocky quarry and the bottom was about 4' beneath me. I had to grab a large rock, hug it to my chest, and then release it (after looking for divers, of course) once I had completed my stop.

I've heard tell of folks making an entire dive hauling a big rock around 'cause they forgot their weightbelt... so I hear... nobody saw it, you can't prove it and there are no pictures... didn't happen!
Rick

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
I've heard tell of folks making an entire dive hauling a big rock around 'cause they forgot their weightbelt... so I hear... nobody saw it, you can't prove it and there are no pictures... didn't happen!
Rick
Wonder who that could have been...?? :wink:

Classes I have put rocks in my BC. I like to be weighted a little heavy just in case you have to chase down that one student that bolts.

Back
Top Bottom