tank weight??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey all-
does anyone have a link or a list of tank weights/boyancy?
trying to get my weighting down with different tank sizes/types
thanks!
-me

Jon,

There's a great link somewhere in the "Tanks and Valves" forum, if you care to search for it.

What kind of tank do you have?

the K

well-
i mostly dive on steel 100's because my dive buddy owns 6 of them so all my weighting is geared toward them. but, in the instances i need to rent, i'll be with the aluminium 80 so i was trying to get the difference in weight
-me

We have 3 HP steel 100's and they're approximately -3 pounds empty.

So you're looking at a difference of approximately 7 pounds positive by going to an aluminum 80. In other words, you're going to need to add 7 pounds of weight to maitain the same buoyancy characteristics to which you are accustomed when diving steel 100's.

the K

jon m:
hey all-
does anyone have a link or a list of tank weights/boyancy?
trying to get my weighting down with different tank sizes/types
thanks!
-me

Go to luxfer.com and follow the links.

thanks Kraken, it's hard to tell from those lists of tanks, because i don't know what brand (alum 80) i'll be using when i rent....
i did find my buddy's tanks ...whew -10lb full and -2.5 lb empty!(salt water)
that seems about right, cosidering i only dive with 14lb in a full 7mil when i use his tanks(in freshwater) so, if using his tanks in salt i would add 7lb of weight (i weigh 245lb + gear.... 1lb for every 40lb =6.5lb) then i would add another 7lb if i use an alum80 that would put me at 28lb in saltwater, which is not too bad for my fat @$$!!!
i'll bring a few extra lbs just in case!!!!
-me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom