Tank/Valve/Reg compatibility question(s).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking to sort out a little conumdrum I have.

I just bought a set of PST 3500psi 100cu steel Doubles w/ genesis isolation manifold (angled). So, here are the concerns/questions:

1. I would like to change the valves as these are the weirdo angled ones. I assume that I will need 7/8" threads, so my first question is where I can buy a valve/manifold set that would work on these tanks. I wish to use them as singles until I get my dual wing and a little more training.

2. I have a Scubapro MK2 for yoke valves. Can I use this regulator on this set, assuming I can get a DIN/yoke adapters or am I going to have to buy a new reg? I think most valves that are HP will require a DIN 300bar setup, yes?

Any help would be great!

If you can find the Thermo valves in 7/8's, that would be your best best. I don't know if they are still being made, so it might take some hunting. As for the regs, just take them into a Scubapro dealer and have them converted to DIN.

Ok. The reg is no longer a problem. Good.

The tanks are the next challenge.

After searching around I have found that I will be hard pressed to find the right setup for my needs (crap), but I'm not giving up. Paid $350 for the setup, so it's not over yet!

Looking to sort out a little conumdrum I have.

I just bought a set of PST 3500psi 100cu steel Doubles w/ genesis isolation manifold (angled). So, here are the concerns/questions:

1. I would like to change the valves as these are the weirdo angled ones. I assume that I will need 7/8" threads, so my first question is where I can buy a valve/manifold set that would work on these tanks. I wish to use them as singles until I get my dual wing and a little more training.

2. I have a Scubapro MK2 for yoke valves. Can I use this regulator on this set, assuming I can get a DIN/yoke adapters or am I going to have to buy a new reg? I think most valves that are HP will require a DIN 300bar setup, yes?

Any help would be great!

Good luck with your problem. I have the same one. I inherited a nice steel tank with a 300 bar valve. I wanted to change out the valve so I could use it with my Yoke regulators, but according to the Dive Gear Express website they do not make a yoke or 200 bar valve that fits a 7/8 threaded tank.
SCUBA Valves: Regulator Fittings, 200 vs 300 Bar FAQ and Cylinder Neck Threads - Dive Gear Express

Yeah, DiveGearExpress pretty much said, "Tough S**t". I've contacted a few places to try to find something. I REALLY hope I didn't just blow $400...

Just buy two 10$ plugs, one right and one left hand thread.

Good luck with your problem. I have the same one. I inherited a nice steel tank with a 300 bar valve. I wanted to change out the valve so I could use it with my Yoke regulators, but according to the Dive Gear Express website they do not make a yoke or 200 bar valve that fits a 7/8 threaded tank.
SCUBA Valves: Regulator Fittings, 200 vs 300 Bar FAQ and Cylinder Neck Threads - Dive Gear Express

Please excuse my ignorance, but I do have a small question. Is the valve din? If so, why won't you change your regulators to din and purchase a din to yoke adaptor for vacations. Do you dive regularly at home?

The valves are DIN, but angled... I could use them, but damned if I want to.

As for my reg, it's yoke, but can be made DIN. Does anyone know if the ScubaPro MK2 will work with these tanks?

Why don't you want to? From what I understand it's not only safer, but a much more secure connection with the DIN. I dunno about the compatibility of of your regs with the valve. Me personally, I would try it on a shallow dive and I'm on no way encouraging you to do it... just something I'd try.

Hope someone comes along and answers this positively for you.

Well, as I've been looking I have found that NorthEast Scuba Supply has a page that does contain the manifold I'd like, but I've yet to hear back about stock:
Northeast Scuba Supply - Online Catalog - Tanks

If I stick with the angled ones, then I will need a plug for each to make it a single setup.

edit:Northeast Scuba Supply just told me that they don't have ANY HP manifolds anymore... :(

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom