Tank Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are interested in an HP80, let me know. I have three and am looking to get rid of one so I can get a 100 or 119 (I am an air hog). They were just purchased in November have a November vis and 07 Hydro.

And it definitely won't happen with an AL80

I won't pump my AL80 much past 3100 lbs cold. My HP100's I am happy to overfill. So what if they are only good for 100,000 life cycles because they get overfilled? I highly doubt I will ever do 10,000 dives in my lifetime.

Or, you could always sell them after dive 99,999 :)

LP 95's weigh 9# more than an HP 100 and hold less gas (not considering overfills and, if I owned the shop, you would never get one). They have essentially the same buoyancy characteristics.

Richard

According to the Faber/ Blue Steel Site the HP100 and LP95 have the following stats:

Tank Empty weight Bouy-Full Bouy-Empty
HP100 38.7 -14 -6.7
LP95 37 -5 +1.7

Considering the two tanks retail for the same price the LP95 is a clear loser unless it is truly impossible to get full HP fills.

SOURCE: Cylinder Specifications

Yes, the Faber LP 95 will require you to carry more weight than the Worthington HP100. For me, all other things equal, the Faber LP 95 makes me add 4lb. over what I use for the HP100.

According to the Faber/ Blue Steel Site the HP100 and LP95 have the following stats:

Tank Empty weight Bouy-Full Bouy-Empty
HP100 38.7 -14 -6.7
LP95 37 -5 +1.7

Considering the two tanks retail for the same price the LP95 is a clear loser unless it is truly impossible to get full HP fills.

SOURCE: Cylinder Specifications

Hmm, I don't think these 3180+10% Fabers are what people typically consider as standard HP100s. I hear they're great as singles tanks for cold water though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom