Tank Size for Argon for Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5:
As others have a stated, I also use a 6cuft bottle for my drysuit.

I'm going to inteject a slight tangent to the thread....
I have a 6cuft MP & 14cuft LP argon bottles - both are Abyss integrated valve/regulator setups. What do you all think the optimum cylinder for keeping as a Argon supply cylinder for transfill during dive trips...?

There are 3-4 shops in town w/ Argon, two I know have boosters - so getting something like a HP120 filled to 3500psi shouldn't be an issue.

I dunno if my math is correct - bear with me a little.
For my 6cuft bottle, 1cuft = 500psi.
For my 14cuft bottle, 1cuft = 144psi.
On an HP120 supply cylinder, 1cuft = 29psi.

So on a full HP120 I would fill my 6cuft bottle 2 times before getting a short fill, and the 14cuft bottle 3 times before getting a short fill due to the lower working pressure.

Thoughts....?

I didn't find the question quite as confusing as you. 6 to 13cf is normal. Depends on how deep and how many dives per day. The deeper you go, the more gas you'll need. The more dives you do, the more gas you'll need. A 6cf should do most just fine.

theskull:
Two VERY different questions. Unless it is one very strange question--you wouldn't use a pony for air FOR the drysuit when you already have plenty of that on your back!

Which of the 3 questions are you asking:
Size of pony for argon for suit?
Size of pony for air (or other gas) to breathe?
Size of pony for air for suit!?

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom