Tank sales on web

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca:
That's a good price considering they are in short supply, jump on it. Later if you want to doubleup that would be a great doubles tank too.

Have any of you dove these doubled up? I liked what I saw in the shop, but since I found I didn't like the old LP95s (shorter tanks that on me trimmed too heavy toward the head) my only reservation on the E7-100s was the shorter length. Any reviews on diving them as doubles?

Thanks

The 121's fully locked-and-loaded to 3500psi weigh in at 58 pounds and have 160 cubic feet of gas in them. I love mine, but everyone I dive with runs out of gas way before I do. And they are awkward to handle.
The trick with these tanks is to make sure your back is up to the task. A lot of guys used to double these monsters for cave diving. I could not imagine humping two of those plus all the other gear a mile down a trailhead to a cave or spring.
But for a singles set-up off a boat, it's nice. Make sure you have a strong dive ladder though - you hop on with all your stuff on some flimsy cheapdiveladder and you have just make it into a twisted piece of junk. And the tanks are nightmares to pass up to someone in a boat even with a low gunwale on the boat.
It also helps to be tall because otherwise these tanks are going to be butt- or headwhacking you.
No one ever wants to borrow them too. Everyone is always eyeballing my 85's. Those at 3500psi hold 113 cubic feet - cute little mini-121's. Nice for those shallow dives and manageable even as twins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom