Tank sales on web

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tainosoldier

Reaction score
Has anybody dealt with divesales.com? They have a 121 Cu. Ft. Fort Worthington Steel Tank rated at 24000psi+ for about $279.95.
Would this be a good purchase decision or should my single steel be of a different type, maker? Looking for my first tank and I have only dived Alu 80. Thanks for the help.

LP 120 is going to be a *monster* tank.. 48 pounds *empty* (over 15 pounds more than an Al 80.. and full it will be about 20 lbs heavier than a full 80), and almost 4 inches longer, not to mention 3/4" wider, than an Al 80.

tainosoldier:
Has anybody dealt with divesales.com? They have a 121 Cu. Ft. Fort Worthington Steel Tank rated at 24000psi+ for about $279.95.
Would this be a good purchase decision or should my single steel be of a different type, maker? Looking for my first tank and I have only dived Alu 80. Thanks for the help.

Note that this is a 2400 psi tank verses an 3000 psi which AL 80's are.
(many people didn't like the 2400psi tanks. But I guess if it's got more cubic feet of air, does it matter what psi it's at?)

They do seem to have good prices on these tanks, especially since shipping is included.

I'd call them before placing an order and make sure they have them.
they had this on their website

We are sorry to announce that the high pressure steel tanks are
temporarily out of stock. We don't expect the high pressure steel
tanks to be available until March, 2005.

My LSD hasWorthington and one of them cheaper, but most are slighly more.
see this URL for price comparison: http://www.divesports.com/IndexPages_Brand/worthington_brand.htm

gfisher4792:
Wow! That's gotta be some tank! :wink:

Ha! My bad, that is 2400, could you imagine that!

I was reading the thread on if you get a chance to by one tank........etc. And thought about that website. Should I instead look more to a higher pressure tank? Long story short... If you looked at what they had to offer, whats looks the best?

the lower pressure the tank, the bigger it needs to be to hold the same volume of air.

eg. a E8-130 (pst) tank holds 130 cft of air and is teh same height as an AL-80. The only difference in size is diameter. Goes from 7 1/4" to 8". It's because it's rated for 3442psi.

or, an E7-100 is actually 2" shorter and same diameter as an AL-80 but holds 100 cft.

Thanks for the help, I started looking around out of my city and ran into a shop selling me the E7-100 for 311.00, I am going to go with that. If anyone know cheaper VA,NC,SC let me know please, I'll jump on it!

tainosoldier:
Thanks for the help, I started looking around out of my city and ran into a shop selling me the E7-100 for 311.00, I am going to go with that. If anyone know cheaper VA,NC,SC let me know please, I'll jump on it!
Good choice. That is a killer tank. Roughly the dimensions and weight of an Al 80, holds 23 cf more air, and lets you take about 5 pounds off your weight belt. Win-win-win.

tainosoldier:

That's a good price considering they are in short supply, jump on it. Later if you want to doubleup that would be a great doubles tank too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom