Tank Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linda

Reaction score
I bought a alum 80cf a while a couple of months ago and I just bought a alum 100cf. My question is first should I have bought another 80cf or is the 100cf ok. I figured I would maybe get a bit more bottom time with my 100cf on my first dive. I know I will have to adjust my weights when I switch to the 80cf for my second dive. I have a Dive Rite BCD so the weights are easy to change.

Thanks Linda

The reason to go to a bigger tank could be more bottom time but if your buddy runs out of air and you still have 1500psi your going up with your buddy or solodiving.
If your buddy consistently has more air than you at the end of a dive either you could get a larger tank or they could get a smaller tank. So you both could come up with the same amount of air.
Or, if you would have gotten an 80cf you could have doubled them up later.
One thing is if you don't need the extra air your just carrying extra weight.
I have a couple of hundreds to. I use more air than my buddy. I have HP steels though. Take about 7lbs of weight off my belt.

I would rather have too much air at the end of a dive than not enough! If you can carry it, then it was a good choice! I know one guy that uses a 100cuft tank for 2 tank boat dives (1 deep dive, 1 shallow dive). He is so good one air, he normally comes up with 1800-1200psi after the deep dive, so he uses the same tank for the second dive. His wife goes through 2 80cuft tanks, so this saves room in the trunk of the car.

If you can handle the weight then fine.I used a friends 125cuft steelie and got about 3 hours out of it.It was brilliant.I would love to get one myself but I think my next purchases will be 105's.If your happy then all is 'cool'.
Cheers,
The Gasman

Back
Top Bottom