Tank O2 cleaning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zodixo

Work supports my passion, passion not my work yet
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a few questions.

1st, where can I purchase glass beads for rolling the tanks. Will normal marbles work? (AL 80s )

2nd. Valves. There is so many conflicted information regarding what valves can be used for pp blending o2, what are you guys doing? Are you only using the pure oxygen rated valves, even on a twinset used for trimix?

What makes tanks "O2 clean" is the washing process, not the tumbling media.

Otherwise, what Still Kicking wrote.

I used an ultrasonic machine for cleaning my valves.

What makes tanks "O2 clean" is the washing process, not the tumbling media.

Otherwise, what Still Kicking wrote.

I used an ultrasonic machine for cleaning my valves.
I like to add some tumbling media to scrub the tank. Not extended tumble like tumbling per se.

Thank you all for the input.

So I will use oxygen rated valves on my deco tanks that will have high o2, and then just properly clean and use correct o-rings for others that pp blending will be done with 100% o2 but used with less than 50%.

And of course glass tumble tanks with some simple green, (cant find the simple green crystal here)

I like to add some tumbling media to scrub the tank. Not extended tumble like tumbling per se.
I use airsoft bbs for washing. Adds a bit of agitation.

Thank you all for the input.

So I will use oxygen rated valves on my deco tanks that will have high o2, and then just properly clean and use correct o-rings for others that pp blending will be done with 100% o2 but used with less than 50%.

And of course glass tumble tanks with some simple green, (cant find the simple green crystal here)
SG is fine.

You can get Crystal Simple Green from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom