Tank not Nitrox capable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanx all for replying, I knew I wasnt missing a sticker. This local shop just just has issue I guess with where we got the tanks from.

Hope all had a good weekend diving

May I suggest you contact the shop owner and ask about this policy. Either he will realize he has hired a moron or you will realize the owner is a moron and can act accordingly

Were your tanks made of titanium? :wink: Just thinking outside the box... Nah, I think you got a fairly clear answer already... Did they have a big pile of O2 compatible tanks for sale with dust on them?...

Dive Shop Monkeyitis is nothing new. I've even seen offshoots of this disease in stereo stores.

Yeah…I bet some stereo store monkeys are also in a delusion that they are selling life support equipment… :rolleyes:

I can see that…”you need to buy top of the line stereo…remember this is life support equipment”. :rofl3:

May I suggest you contact the shop owner and ask about this policy. Either he will realize he has hired a moron or you will realize the owner is a moron and can act accordingly

Like wedivebc says, contact the owner or manager and make sure that they understand what is being said. It could be a simple problem like a new employee that doesn't totally understand or misinterepted a policy. Unfortunately not all of us are perfect and heaven knows that I've had my fair share of misunderstandings over the years. I had one shop that got all bent out of shape because of a difference in terminology. Once we got that straightened out everything was fine.

Like wedivebc says, contact the owner or manager and make sure that they understand what is being said. It could be a simple problem like a new employee that doesn't totally understand or misinterepted a policy. Unfortunately not all of us are perfect and heaven knows that I've had my fair share of misunderstandings over the years. I had one shop that got all bent out of shape because of a difference in terminology. Once we got that straightened out everything was fine.

Ocean Divers in Key Largo requires the tank wrappers. I don't spend any money there because I don't like promoting corrosion on my tanks.

I saw the tanks in question on Tuesday, and they have standard Divers Direct VIP stickers on them that state the tank cannot be filled with a partial pressure system Makes sense. The LDS in question uses a premix system. I believe they called it a "Stick".

I received an email from the LDS, and they gave me the following links to read:

Luxfer: SCUBA oxygen-enriched and oxygen service FAQ ------------ please refer to question 2

Oxygen Compatibility in SCUBA Cylinders

EANx Standards

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...0074-why-o2-clean-membrane-nitrox-filler.html

Interesting reading... The LDS will not fill a tank unless it's been cleaned for any fill over 23.5%. That's it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom