Tank inspection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a PSI inspection class. They give them all the time. Then get liability insurance and find a shop that will accept your name on a sticker. Some will not. They want to see a dive shop name on there. Not that it means anything but it makes them feel good.

Last edited:
Find the dive shops that will accept a generic or your personal sticker first, the groups offering the classes seem to forget they are not regulating bodies for tank inspection and the dive shops happily ignore those certifications.

How can i get certified to check my tanks and others tanks?

it would be better to take the class , buy your own compressor and inspect and fill only your tanks for your use. That saves the liability insurance and you will never make enough off VIP ing tanks to cover your insurance costs and you would be crazy to do it with out insurance. Just defending your self in a lawsuit that you were totally innocent and free of wrong doing would still break the bank

just my 2 PSI
Herb

PS yes i took my own advice

I agree with Herb on the inspecting of other cylinders. There is a liability to consider. As such, I inspect my own cylinders. I have enough to make it worth while and my local shops know me so my stickers are accepted. I would inspect cylinders for a shop if they wanted to hire me as then any liability would be covered under their umbrella.

Tanks a lot for the info guys. I am slowly looking to start a scuba business in the future so the insurance would be there regardless. This is just one more thing I can offer the people I can come into contact with. I am also trying to start "garage" small because I work A LOT, and this is something I can do on the side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom