Tank Holders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used the roll control system for years and they work great. I have also used the suction cup version. You need a very smooth, dry surface to attach. They do let loose at times, regardless of the surface it is attached to. I just put the roll control tracks on my new boat. I have extra 48" tracks. If you are interested, PM me.

How do those suction cups hold when it gets rough. Hard to believe with a couple tanks they will hold when it gets rough.

Thanks
Kevin

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I make sure the surface is clean and attach the cups and have never had them come off yet. I remove them when not diving as to not stress the suction cups. Been doing it for a while and never a fail. You do have to have a south surface.

How do you strap tanks up in a boat with pool noodles. I have seen them used if you are laying them down in your car but if you do this in a boat you better be in really calm waters.

Can you not also lay them down on the boat? Typical when we're not on commercial boats for us. Just stand it up on the rail when you're getting kitted up and let it lie the rest of the time. Maybe if you don't have the deck space. But why not just use wide diameter PVC or a commercially available tank holder if you're looking for the dive boat solution?

I have a 20' center console that we also fish from so do not want to permanently attach pvc and the original question was about a commercially available tank holder. I also think laying tanks down a boat unless really big boat or really calm waters would end badly. One big wave would make a very bad mess.
Kevin

Can you not also lay them down on the boat? Typical when we're not on commercial boats for us. Just stand it up on the rail when you're getting kitted up and let it lie the rest of the time. Maybe if you don't have the deck space. But why not just use wide diameter PVC or a commercially available tank holder if you're looking for the dive boat solution?

I just don't see anything out there that really grabs my attention. My boat is small and I haven't decided on any system yet.

Pete

Here is the one I use on my boat and my zodiac. Holds 4-6 tanks and nothing attached to the boat. Made from scraps hanging out in the garage and the out of pocket cost was less than 8 dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350828982.265748.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350828982.265748.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,651
We use the Roll Control. In the photo you can see the aluminum rail below the gunwale cap. I have one bolted on each side. I can carry eight tanks easily here and have never had anything come loose even in rough water. The tanks do project above the cap, so it goes with small 19 foot boats, especially Boston Whalers that intentionally have relatively low sides and high decks.

P6090914.jpg

I also have a four tank box which takes place of the cooler forward of the console but I quit using it in preference to the Roll Control. If I wanted to remove the rails, it would be easy and some Marine Tex and you would never know the rails where ever there. Not sure why I would ever wish to remove them, they cause no issues when not holding tanks and as I said, hold scuba tanks very securely.

N

Back
Top Bottom