tank getting scratched up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
For those of you who haven't bought tanks yet... galvanizing is self-healing if scratched and is super manly :D

Whaddya have to go and say that for? :eek:

I thought galvanized tanks were gender neutral. Last thing a lady diver wants to hear a man say is that her two new steel galvanized tanks are "super manly"!

Is there any way for a lady to maintain a shred of femininity (or at the very least, neutrality) in the eyes of men without resorting to the wearing Barbie Pink tanks?

:wink:

Oh C'mon now UP, you know you wanted to have that swim grid powder coated hot-pink, but you were afraid it would take away from the intimidation factor or your cool Pug-Green paint job..

That manly swim grid is looking even more manly now that the galvanzing is turned dull... and I bent the 2" galvanized pipe for the hand rail today... AND another friend is welding up a tank rack / donning station to go over the aft hatch... it will hold 8 spare tanks, storage for 8 sets of fins and donning stations for 4 doubles rigs or 6 singles rigs.

Of course it will be galvanized too. I just keeps getting better :D

Dang UP, you just need a couple new turbo-charged Yanmars and a magnetometer and your in business. Are you going to mount the new tank rack over your engine hatch? If so won't that be a pain if you have to get in there?

...I probably shouldn't take this thread away from scratched tanks... so... hmmmm...

:idea:

We are using expanded metal grating on the horizontal portions of the tank rack... that will literally strip the paint right off of them sissy tanks!

Just kidding... we will put carpet pieces in each slot to keep the paint people happy.

Now to your question... the engine hatch is forward next to the cabin.... the tank rack will be a little larger than the back hatch cover... and yes it will be a pain to move (250#) when it comes time to fuel up.

But since we have a big tank and a single normally aspirated 6 cylinder diesel that burns 1.4 gal/hr. won't have to move it too often.

It sounds like ya'll got it figured out UP, I gotta come see that thing some day.

I hope to be able to take you up on that invite someday, can I wear my cowboy hat on your boat? It's DIR black..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom