Tank Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry for the silly?

newbie here, what is a hot fill?

"Hot fill" is slang for fast fill or a fill which leaves the tank in a heated state. This can mean several things; for example, a hot tank when cooled will show a lower pressure, generally, about 10%. Some believe that a fast fill is detrimental to the tank's metallurgy (long term strength).

pescador775:
Four hundred dollars worth of filtration for the Junior II would fill 350 100 cf tanks. Do home users actually do this? If so, the cost could be cut in half by buying in bulk and hand filling the over priced Bauer inserts.

The whole business of micro filtration is overblown hype. The Bauer PO condenser/filter produces grade E or better and is acceptable, if not technically perfect, for PP topping off. For decades, the Navy UDT/EOD/SEAL used the Cornelius portable compressor for breathing air; this had only a condensator, no chemical filter whatsoever. Until recent years, even the smaller Bauer units used only condensers and a tiny refillable charcoal cartridge, and cost practically nothing to operate. None of this caused any notable problems with air quality although the very old Bauers would occasionally pump moist air. That was essentially cured with the introduction of back pressure valves.

A good condenser and small charcoal filter is really all that most portables need. Those that fill tanks in the LA Basin should probably have the full blown triplex cartridge with hopcalite. Ice divers should use filters with added dessicant like "13X". Beyond that, I doubt that anyone really needs the so called "polishing" filters that are being hyped around today. That is a diveshop concern for liability reasons. Any diver that gets a cough could sue the shop.

Aside from the above, gas engines produce noxious exhaust gas and dangerous CO. Appropriate precautions ARE necessary when filling diver tanks.[/QUO

I agree, I have been running a small portable compressor for over 40 years and average yearly expences for filter media and oil is well below $100.

ScubaBum:
Hi Folks

Any one can help Just bought a Cornelius Air compressor model 130R1500 3000psi
and i'm looking for a copy of the owner manual or service manual

Thank you

Tough one. Here is a pamflet which furnishes conversion plans for the Cornelius.
http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/repro.html

The company "protecair" has a lot of experience with the Cornelius 32-R-1500. They could gin up a manual if you talk nice to Bargain Marge.

Is the 130R the commercial version? Try this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7607776838

Captain, true story. I am "devjr". I got in a food fight with one of the physicians over at the "medical" room. Next day, my login would no longer work. (He was a "regulator") I changed my ID to "pescador", logged in, and then he accused me of "hiding" under a different ID (they read your IP address). Fun and games on Scubaboard. Boy, I had forgotten about all that stuff until I saw this old thread. LOL

I didn't notice the original date of the thread. When asked what are the too most important pieces of diving equiptment I always answer a boat and a compressor. I don't think I would have been diving this many years without both and the freedom they provide.

captain:
When asked what are the too most important pieces of diving equiptment I always answer a boat and a compressor. I don't think I would have been diving this many years without both and the freedom they provide.

You got that right.

Thank's for the information

and any of you hear where to get parts for this compressor (cornelius 130R1500)

please let me know

uwbum@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom