Tank Capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyrerubber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have surveyed all over the internet and asked at a couple of dive shops close by but with no definitive answer. I have two of these tanks that I purchased in 2003. At the time, I never really concerned myself about the capacity of the tanks but now I would like to know. Problem is I can't find the receipt, the shop manager is no longer employed at the shop and the Norris website is less than helpful when it comes to Scuba Tank info.

Based on usage (compared to AL80's) and some information gathered from various sources I believe them to be 72 cu/ft tanks. Am I close? :confused:

The tanks are 23.5" tall and 7.25" dia.

IMG_0709.jpgIMG_0710.jpgIMG_0711.jpg

Not super familiar with Norris tanks... but will give it a try.

DOT-3AA2730A
- 3AA is it's steel type . 2730 is "likely" the service pressure. but not something you often see. Faber made some 2730psi tanks I think.

2985583Y - Most likely the "batch number" of when it was made. (serial number).

TCSAAM209 - TC = Transport Canada, the Canadian equiv of DOT. 209 would be service pressure in metric. 209 bar.

REE 57.0ml is the "(Rejection Elastic Expansion" used during hydro test. It's a measurement for the tester.

Where are the hdyro markings? :idk:

This post had a Norris Tank Spec PDF attached. but I can't get it to open. (anything that was attached prior to a few years ago is subject to being lost as they didn't recover everything from one of the board crashes.)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ta...66-norris-tanks-sport-chalet.html#post1211944

Norris "exemption" for Aluminum tanks has expired. I'm not sure if the one for Steel tanks is valid or not. You might not be able to get those Hydro'd. I didn't notice any hydro stamps on them from the pictures you posted. Have you had them hydro'd ?

Not sure if this applies to your tanks or not http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tanks-valves-bands/156737-exemption-expiration.html

Norris "exemption" for Aluminum tanks has expired. I'm not sure if the one for Steel tanks is valid or not. You might not be able to get those Hydro'd. I didn't notice any hydro stamps on them from the pictures you posted. Have you had them hydro'd ?/QUOTE]

Steel tanks...were Hydro'd last year, and I got the "+" stamp on them again.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom