Tank Boot Splitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had at least 4 AL 80 tank boots split. Each after at least a year of use. And each one split while the tank was standing upright in storage, not being used for a while.

Please provide ALL data on tank boot and the cylinders (manufaturer and original hydro date. I may be able to provide some insight to the problem

I've had 2 tanks sitting in a closet for almost 2 years. Both Tank boots split down the side and the boots fell off when I moved them yesterday. I don't get it. One boot is round and the other is octogon. Different MFGs.

I always wonder why it's bad to bump an old thread... sure those people probably not around. But if its relevant, who cares, all the info is in one spot.

I always wonder why it's bad to bump an old thread... sure those people probably not around. But if its relevant, who cares, all the info is in one spot.
How else will we ever get 12 dozen threads started, all about the same thing, saying the same thing, and all of them beating the same deceased equine if you go recycling them ?!?!

Tank boot technology has come a long way in the last 10 years.
Hard to tell but I hope your sarcastic
....😀

My good pst hp130 has a cracked tank boot..... probably cheap recycled plastic..... or maybe got thumped on the corner a bit to hard, when setting it down....

How else will we ever get 12 dozen threads started, all about the same thing, saying the same thing, and all of them beating the same deceased equine if you go recycling them ?!?!
Yeah let's start with,... Should I get a BP&W threads,, Seems nobody uses the search function.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom