Tampa Boat Dive on Saturday, 10/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhelmuth:
BTW... if you're getting a group together, I don't think he has much more than 10 spots on his boat. It's not big, and if you like big open spaces, this is NOT the boat for you (its open - but not big)

Only dived with reeftours once but a very good crew and clean boat. he will go to other sights but this will reflect in the price of the dive. Give a call and see what he has to offer.

http://www.reeftours.com/directions.htm

At the moment the "group" is just Becky and i, no fear of hogging the boat quite yet, unless other people want to come along. As for space, dont have a problem, except when you only get one tank slot per diver (not per tank) - that is a little too close for me when you have to almost sit on top of each other to gear up - happened in the Keys recently 32+ divers for only 25 spots. What i am more concerned about is seeing the reasonable wrecks and ledges, will ask if we can avoid the Aeroplane barge and nearby ledge as David suggested! Does the MacDaddy go out far enough for some "good" dive spots?

Don't forget tabletop reef, the boats love tabletop.

simbrooks:
At the moment the "group" is just Becky and i, no fear of hogging the boat quite yet, unless other people want to come along. As for space, dont have a problem, except when you only get one tank slot per diver (not per tank) - that is a little too close for me when you have to almost sit on top of each other to gear up - happened in the Keys recently 32+ divers for only 25 spots. What i am more concerned about is seeing the reasonable wrecks and ledges, will ask if we can avoid the Aeroplane barge and nearby ledge as David suggested! Does the MacDaddy go out far enough for some "good" dive spots?

No unless you= (the whole boat) pay extra to go out further to the likes of the Sheridan, Blackthorn. For the better diving you have to go about 10miles out.
Wish I could go with you but I,m just out of surgery and it will be about a month before I can dive again.
Have a good time
David

The Sheridan's a great dive!

As for visibility, it's usually better on the east coast, but several times I've seen better visibility than I've ever seen on the east coast. When the Gulf is good, it looks like air.

As for tropicals, the Gulf has many of the same species. Others are missing and some that live in the Gulf are missing or very rare on the east coast.

I'll check my calendar, sounds like a trip I'd love to make.

Sorry you couldnt make it David - surgery seems to be quite a common thing at the moment among some of our Conch divers.

Walter - would be good to have you along, we dont have any definitive boat planned yet, just drumming up interest, however i would like to seem some good Gulf sites, not the over dived barely offshore ones. Will see about getting more interested parties to get a boat booked out (even if paying a slightly higher rate for the longer distance).

simbrooks:
Sorry you couldnt make it David - surgery seems to be quite a common thing at the moment among some of our Conch divers.

Walter - would be good to have you along, we dont have any definitive boat planned yet, just drumming up interest, however i would like to seem some good Gulf sites, not the over dived barely offshore ones. Will see about getting more interested parties to get a boat booked out (even if paying a slightly higher rate for the longer distance).

Thanks Simbrooks had my share four times in hospital in the last two years, someone Else's turn.
If you guys are going for a meal afterward I would like to join you.
David

Dinner could be in the plans. I would imagine if we get a longer trip that it could be an early morning to mid-afternoon kind of affair, so we would still be around. Just have to see when plans get locked in! :wink:

Simon, I always enjoy diving with you and I enjoyed meeting and diving with Rebecca last month as well. I'll let you know as soon as I get home.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom