Tall Drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm 6' 5" and 33" waist. I can't seem to find a single drysuit that will fit me without being much too wide. Do I have to order custom, or does someone know about a manufacturer that makes drysuits in that size?

Thanks.

Your best bet might be Santi. They have A TON of stock sizes, and most importantly for each width size (e.g. S, M, L), they make a long (L) and extra long (LL) version. You very well might fit their M-LL stock suits.

Whites fusion fits almost everyone with stock sizes, up to 6'10".

The closest to my size was Santi, but it's still much too wide and way over my budget. I'm looking for something in the $1000 range.

I'm 6' 5" and 33" waist. I can't seem to find a single drysuit that will fit me without being much too wide. Do I have to order custom, or does someone know about a manufacturer that makes drysuits in that size?

Thanks.

Northern Diver (in the UK) will make you a custom drysuit very reasonably, and given the current exchange rate between Pounds and Dollars, it will probably be within your budget.

flots

You might find one in the Demo/Returns/Miss-Cut section of DUI's page. Though I doubt your budget will work...

Try USIA, the mid range and up suits are all custom tailored and the suits aren't that bad. I got a midrange suit (Deluxe) for around $1000 and that included a pvalve, suspenders, diagnal entry, custom colors and attached boots. They are a very good buy imho.

Is your budget $1000 for the shell only or are you looking to walk away a drysuit diver for $1000? I personally would at least start looking at custom suits because that is a very real possibility. Because you do not fit the standard "Stock" template for most manufacturers, all you are doing is limiting your options by still trying to force yourself into a stock suit.

Look at the available suits and decide what you want based on your experience, the types of diving you do and where you want the suit to take you. I think a drysuit is an important and significant scuba purchase and to force yourself into only one option is the conditions to buy under. At least that is my $0.02.

Thanks.

I'm 6' 4" with a 34 inch waist. The BARE SB drysuit in XLT is a pretty decent fit for me; you should check it out.

John

Back
Top Bottom