Talc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAPA has it, ask for can of tire talc. Most stores will have to get it from the warehouse, you will find that can will last a very long time.
Put some in the toe of an old sock and sew it shut, makes a great "dab bag"

NAPA Auto Stores have tire talc: NAPA AUTO PARTS . You might also consider Salisbury Glove Dust. This is a powder used inside of electrical lineman's high voltage rubber gloves and is designed not to deteriorate rubber. You may be able to order it at a large electrical supply house.

Yes, but only if you order it ahead of time. It isn't stocked locally (at least when/where I checked).

I ended up buying a lifetime supply...didn't really pay enough attention to the quantity when I hit the buy button. I think I posted the link earlier.

Use KY jelly. Been using it for 10+ years and no harm to the latex, as others will tell you. Goes on easily hot or cold (especially when you're wet from sweat or a recent swim, etc.) Just gave away two big containers of talc that had been sitting on my shelves for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom