Taking stock of my old regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an old Dacor 360 with a Pacer Aero second stage. It had been sitting around for some time so I decided to take apart the first stage to see what condition it was in as I have reservations about diving with old O-rings etc. It turns out that about the only serviceable (rubber) part that was not a standard O-ring was the diaphragm (someone in this thread mentioned they can be acquired too). When I was done I checked and adjusted the IP and it looked very solid. I took it diving a few weeks ago (Cozumel) and it functioned perfectly on the first stage but has an annoying tendency to flow gently while looking downward which I'm thinking is probably just the LP valve seat. The IP does not appear to be creeping at all and it's set to Dacor's specs. I'm going to replace the valve seat and try it again but this time with a second-second (octopus) so I can see if it does the same thing with another second stage. I can't see why it would. I was thinking about selling it but right now on eBay there are two or three for around $20 and nobody's bidding on them. May as well keep it.

BTW I have a Dacor service manual so if you need any pages from it I'll check to see if your reg is in there and send them to you. It also covers much of their other gear which can be helpful sometimes too.

I believe pretty much anything is rebuildable...Have you ever considered doing it yourself?

I have considered it, actually. It would be nice to at least try on the Enduro in order to teach myself how it all goes together and works, using what I gather is a sort of worst case scenario. (How many o-rings did ypu say they stuffed in there?) If I completely destroy it in the process, well, no huge loss.

BTW I have a Dacor service manual so if you need any pages from it I'll check to see if your reg is in there and send them to you. It also covers much of their other gear which can be helpful sometimes too.

I might take you up on that. It's a mid/late '90s Dacor Enduro with the flexible rubber 2nd stage cover/purge. I don't have a model number or anything like that.

The parts diagram shows 7 different sizes of o-rings for the 1st stage. The HP seat 0182-73 is common to several of the Dacor 1st stages: Extreme, Quantum, Enduro. Easiest to get the Enduro service kit - they are usually available on eBay. If you want the o-ring sizes, I can post them.

I have a US Divers Conshelf 21 (purchased 1994) and it was just rebuilt first time - I paid $30. Most relevant parts are available. Actually it was the first time any parts were replaced in my Conshelf, kept using it and getting it periodically checked, made about 300 dives with it. Very solid regulator but I finally decided to purchase a new reg, be more up-to-date so to speak.

I still have a couple of Poseidon Cyklon 300s; still breathe like a dream; can still get parts, after decades; but those unbalanced firsts -- what the Swedes called "compensated" back then -- are mostly relegated to bailout bottles these days . . .

I have a US Divers Conshelf 21 (purchased 1994) and it was just rebuilt first time - I paid $30. Most relevant parts are available. Actually it was the first time any parts were replaced in my Conshelf, kept using it and getting it periodically checked, made about 300 dives with it. Very solid regulator but I finally decided to purchase a new reg, be more up-to-date so to speak.
Who rebuilds for $30?! Or was that just parts? Or labor?

I might take you up on that. It's a mid/late '90s Dacor Enduro with the flexible rubber 2nd stage cover/purge. I don't have a model number or anything like that.

My manual was published May 1990 It doesn't have an Enduro in it or anything that matches that description. But you can always try the usual places: VDH, Frogkick, etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom