!!! taking lobster in Maine and New Hamphshire !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No kidding, how would you prove to the captain about to shoot you/run you down that you were harvesting lobster legitimately and not stealing from his nearby traps? Though, he could probably justify that even if you got the lobster on your own, it means that you got them before they had a chance to get to his traps; if you weren't grabbing lobster, they would have made it to the traps; therefore, you stole his lobster!

Balboa:
Is there legislation actually being proposed to legalize lobster diving in Maine? If I ever moved up there that would sure be a great perk to living in Maine. I dove up there a fews years back and the amount of lobsters was unbelievable.

Those "lobstermen" in Maine should have to deal with a little competition like the rest of us (without the government giving them an unfair advantage). :wink:

No legislation to my knowledge. I think you'ld be more successfull having Maine-achussetts relinquish control of the PORTSMOUTH Naval Shipyard.

Back
Top Bottom