Taking advanced OW, Can I get an adventure card too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I really want to collect as many cert cards as possible. I am taking the Advanced OW class. I see if I complete 3 of the adventure dives and not the deep or nav guide I can get the Adventure cert card. If I take the Advanced class and finish all 5 dives, can I get an adventure and advanced dive card?

I assume you are talking about SSI. If so, no, that’s not how it works. Advanced Adventure is a class. Advanced OW is not. Don’t worry though, when you complete the 4 specialties for AOW, you should get plenty of cards.

In my case, I got 6. 1 for each of the 4 specialties, and 2 recognition cards (Specialty Diver and AOW).

I really want to collect as many cert cards as possible. I am taking the Advanced OW class. I see if I complete 3 of the adventure dives and not the deep or nav guide I can get the Adventure cert card. If I take the Advanced class and finish all 5 dives, can I get an adventure and advanced dive card?
Ask the shop you want to use.

I'm curious. Why do you want to collect cert cards? Only a few of the courses will help you be a better diver, the rest are (at best) for someone who has a particular interest in the covered subject. Others, like the PADI Adventure Diver cert, are just marketing tools.

With PADI, I believe you can, but you pay extra. I'm not against doing lots of courses, but Adventure Diver is just a subset of AOW; having both cards means nothing. Spend that money on a Nitrox or Rescue course instead, or at least take a fun specially that will get you more time with an instructor.

Yea it is for PADI, I know certs do not make you a better diver but I would want to collect as many as I can to put in a folder for my personal pride.

Yea it is for PADI, I know certs do not make you a better diver but I would want to collect as many as I can to put in a folder for my personal pride.
Points for honesty. I'm sure you can find a shop or instructor who will give you some sort of bulk discount.

If you find a Instructor at an SSI shop who is also PADI, you can even get two certs at a time for some of the classes.

Logically, with PADI if you first complete the 3 dives (I think) required for Adventure Diver you can get that card. Then do the remaining 2 to finish AOW and get that one. If you do AOW right away and then ask the shop also for the Adventure Card they'd probably look at you funny. Either way, I agree it would cost more, since they charge a lot for printing those two dollar cards.... They're like $40 if you need a replacement.

OP, have you looked into getting a Master Scuba Diver cert? Seems right up your alley.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom