Taking advanced OW, Can I get an adventure card too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least he gets som training a along the way. If he gets a smart instructor, like I did, they will pay for the MSD card for you.
This^^^

To the OP, may I ask why you want as many cert cards as possible?

I would recommend seeking high quality training as opposed high quantity. They don't produce the same results.

Yea it is for PADI, I know certs do not make you a better diver but I would want to collect as many as I can to put in a folder for my personal pride.

Nevermind. Just saw the above. Just one request. Whatever you do, DO NOT pull out your "personal pride" folder on a dive boat.

Yea it is for PADI, I know certs do not make you a better diver but I would want to collect as many as I can to put in a folder for my personal pride.
I can't speak for your local instructors, but if you told me what you've said here and I couldn't talk you out of it, I'd shrug my shoulders, charge you for the AOW course plus enough to cover the extra card.

Alternatively, you could get some card shaped plastic blanks and use a fine tip pen to write the date, place, and something cool about each dive you do. One card per dive. I'd avoid focusing on depth as that is a risky thing to chase; but 'saw cool x fish', 'great trim', 'very calm', 'cool echoes from bubbles' are options.

Hanlon's razor.

Who cares if he wants to collect cards. Plenty of people do that. Arguably better than collecting artifacts or sealife.

My Mexican friend always shows his c-card wallet when crossing the border into the US. They are so impressed they let him drive through.

Each speciality will give you one and if you have completed 5 then you will earn the Master Scuba Diver card as well. There is a certificate for MSD and also a badge! I believe the card cost extra nowadays.
How many are there in PADI?
You are spending a lot of un-necessary money for nothing.
Your money you choice!
Have fun.

You guys are getting trolled
Maybe. I did see a PADI article once about a guy who had taken 86 con ed courses. Obviously mostly distinctive specialties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom