Take a moment, would you please ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Repost
Please take time to remember those that are far away ... and those no longer here ...
Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving .. we are ... and they are not

Take a moment would you, to watch this ... and be moved ... Until Then

And I find these two to very compelling as well .. both made by a 16 year old girl

... "Remember Me" ... YouTube - Remember Me

... "If You Want Me To" ... YouTube - If You Want Me To

To all of you ...

I AM proud of you

I WILL remember you

:salute:

the K

"B" Co., 229th Avn. Bn., 11th Avn. Grp., 1st Cav. Div. (Airmobile)
Republic of South Viet Nam

Thanks for the reminder of what this holiday weekend is all about DB- a time to honor those who have fallen while serving in our military. There will be many of us who will take a few moments out of our weekend to honor those dedicated men & women.

While Memorial Day is set aside to remember our countrymen & women who died in service from the Civil War on, I hope that a few folks will consider supporting the efforts of some survivors who are using SCUBA as part of their rehabilitation from some devastating war wounds.

Where have all the flowers gone???

. . . and they keep falling.

the K

Thank you to all who have and are currently serving in any and all of our military branches. I think that ALL Americans should support our troops.This weekend while we are barbecuing in our back yards and parks with family and friends we should thank our lucky stars that we are Americans, and remember those who gave their lives for this country,for they are the reason that we can enjoy our freedom.Also remember those who are currently serving our country and continue to protect us and our freedom.God Bless the USA!

Thank you for the post. This year it is personal for me. my first Memorial day since coming home. While I was in Baghdad they put up 43 photos on the wall at the camp where I was. 43 men and women who we would see no more across the table at meal times. Some you knew well, others just in passing or a vague recollection, but all gone before their time.

So this Memorial day, I will, in the current tradition of the Army, set a place with my best china. A plate with a slice of lemon and a mound of salt, vase and a rose. I will set this place for those who are not with us.

I will also remember there are worse things than dying. Burned and mangled bodies that will never heal. The local VA or Walter Reed or worse yet, the burn unit at San Antonio are homes to many a valiant soldier, sailor, airman or marine who will spend years (or the rest of their lives) in the hospital trying to recover.

This will also be my first Memorial Day home. No huge plans this year, going camping with friends and having a small BBQ with those closest to me.

I will remember all my brothers and sisters who have gone before me in battle.

Never forget.

"Sicut Quercus"
ALWAYS!​

i am certainly grateful for the sacrifices our men and women of the armed forces make

the US has the best armed forces in the world, and no kind of weapon can produce that ... we have the finest soldiers in the world, and i am thankful for that

Very nice tribute to all who serve thanks. :us: :medal:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom