Tahiti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fillip1215

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I want to go to Tahiti this fall and am asking for any info anybody has on anything. Flights, where to go, where to stay, good experiences, bad experiences, etc. ANY information is welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks

I flew in to Papeete and took the ferry over to Moorea where I stayed about a week. I only did a few dives there, but enjoyed them. The dive op I dove with is no longer in business, but you shouldn't have any trouble locating one.

I've heard the diving in the Tuamotu's (Rangiroa for example) is even better. There is regular aur service to the other islands from Papeete via Air Tahiti and perhaps other carriers.

I get regular offers to fly from LAX to Papeete for as little as $340 RT plus taxes on Air Tahiti Nui (check out their web site).

I actually dreaded going to Tahiti from New Zealand, but a long talk with an absolutely beautiful Polynesian woman named Marita who was my seatmate on the plane convinced me otherwise. She was absolutely right. I loved my time there and didn't want to leave.

Perhaps a mod could move this to the Pacific Islands forum where more people would probably respond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom