Tagging Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silver and White paint pens, or Black Sharpie. They require occassional reinforcement but I prefer that over scratching or etching.

Personally, I like stickers. (Unfortunately, high-quality vinyl stickers aren't too cheap, so I usually go with paint pens.)

We use ID-MY-GEAR. http://www.idmygear.co.uk/index.htm The stuff sticks to just about any type of surface and material. It was important to us to mark our gear as the three of us have a lot that is the same.

It will wear off of a surface that is going to be subject to abrasion, i.e. the foot bed of a fin. I've just put it out of the way between the "ribs" where the fin is not in contact with any surface.

Paint pens.

I use the address labels. They make some in clear plastic and I super-glue them to all hard flat sufaces. They last for many years and are not really noticed on most items unless you want them to be seen or look in the right spot. You can get a five hundred or a thousand for a few bucks.You can have anything you want printed on them. Like your dives shop, phone numbers or whatever.

Of course the pens work well on other things like suits and cloth items.

I saw ID-My-Gear at the SCUBA show in Long Beach. The stuff is really cool and can be used to add a colorful demention to your basic black outfit.

When I mark my gear I usually do so in a location that can be seen when I am wearing it. Thus is also provides identification when diving so others, such as students, know who you are in the crowd.

I use a silver permanent marker... shows up really good on all the black stuff especially.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom