Question TACO EFFECT? Will this help on my giant wing?I am not using the wing to lift heavy objects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

or even a nice big DSMB like a carter super float

The problem with using a DSMB for this is that that OPV is on the wrong end, so you can't adjust the amount of lift provided. Lift bags have the OPV at the top, where the gas is.

In normal conditions with my Pinnacle Drysuit I am wearing 62 lbs of lead plus a 6 steel plate..Thats is to get down and stay in place...The type of diving am doing is way different than open water diving....Some traditional diving ideas go out the window with this style of diving...
Is it dangerous ? Of course it is but going into a ship wreck or cave is too..
Hi Calabash love your clips keep it up👍 Been doing the kind of diving your into for a long long time. Just a couple suggestions . It truly is a bad idea using your wing or bc for lifting any more than a small amount, be careful. If your adverse to using a lift bag, then we have often put a marker buoy in and attached to your catch bag with sufficient paracord leave your bag on the bottom and haul from the the boat. Also get your lights mounted to a helmet having both hands free is so much better. If you need close light a wrist mount backup is 👍Anyway dive safe and keep at it!

If something goes wrong, just let go. Let it cork to the surface or crash into the bottom. But not take you with it.
And if it goes to the surface, in case it has an open bottom and air escapes for whatever reason and it comes back down (don't ask me how I know).

Back
Top Bottom