Table Rock Lake Dive Report for 7/12/09-7/14/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JWard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a great time diving! Over the week I was able to get 4 dives in, and they were all great.

1) Zebulon Pike, 93ft, 28min, 55* at depth, 78* on surface. Vis was 25' at depth.
2) Zebulon Pike, 94ft, 30min, 55* at depth, 79* on surface. Vis was 25' at depth.
3) Jake's Point Wreck, 63ft, 21min, 58* at depth, 81* on surface. Vis was 25' at depth.
4) Zebulon Pike, 89ft, 39min, 54* at depth, 83* on surface. Vis was 25' at depth.

The last dive on the Zeb had more things go wrong than I've ever had on a single dive. I did the dive at night, so that added a few coplexities, but sheesh! They were:

1) Video cam snagged the permanent line a few times on the way down (no biggie, just lifted it off the line)
2) Zip tie holding bolt snap to light broke as I was trying to stow it.
3) SMB exploded at end of dive, adding a few minutes to reel it back in and to follow the permanent line back (it's a long swim, about 6 minutes)
4) Computer went into unplanned Deco due to time spent fixing SMB issue. It was cleared by the time I hit 15', so again no biggie.
5) Went low(er) on air than planned due to problems. I have a 19 cuft sling, so again it wasn't an issue.

I can't wait to dive the Zeb again - it's a cool wreck!

great write up. sounds like that night dive was pretty crazy. glad you all kept it cool and safe. did you get any pics or video to speak of from the dives? i'd love to see some. The only dive I've done of the Zebulon was in 4' vis and all i saw was the top hand rail.

Yes I have vid of both wrecks. The vis isn't great but it gives you an idea of the eerieness of both of them. I was trying to upload them to FaceBook but for some reason it errors-out. I'll try YouTube when I get a chance.

Try uploading them to Scuba Diving Videos Scuba Videos . I just got back from a week at Table Rock Lake and I was going to dive the Zeb but never got the chance. It is one of my Favorite dives. Now that I hear the vis was so good there I wish I had made time for it... Glad to hear that you had a good time...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom