Table Rock Lake and Dewey Short question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello All yesterday I spent the day doing the family thing in Branson, Mo and we did the Ride the Duck tour and in passing we went by the Dewey Short Visitor’s Center. I know they put a stop to all diving for some reason but on the way back I see all sorts of people swimming! So my question is why you can swim but not dive?
So for those who live in the area this is a question for you. the lake is really cool to see and I have dove the" General Pike" wreck but nothing else so this is back on my to dive list.
And is the other side of the dam a no scuba zone as well?
10497513_871548399540533_7213189812855208267_o.jpg10547755_871548466207193_2392291463160133991_o.jpg

Haven't been back down to TR in a while, but it does seem a little strange they allow swimming but no diving. What I have been told is that they installed or are going to be installing a suction pipe for a waterfall at the new visitors centers. They don't want any divers to get caught in it or "mess" with it. I don't really think they want all the swimmers in the area either, but can't seem to control it.

You can or at least you use to be able to dive at Dewey still. Instead of diving near the Visitors Center go to the old visitors center. To the left is a bike trail. Walk down the bike trail not too far and you will be right along the shore of the lake. You can dive there and it has some nice "bluffs" under the water. It is a fairly easy shore entry, but there are boats in the area. You just need to be careful you don't swim too far down near the dam and get in the restricted area. It is actually a really nice dive.

Snagel

What Snagel said, you just can't dive in the area that is roped off with the buoys that stretches from the dam to shore.
That is now the no diving zone, people still dive where snagel is talking about on the other end of the old visitors center.

Back
Top Bottom